I'm currently a backend engineer at Slack in San Francisco working to scale our product to support some of the world’s largest companies. I spend most of my time chasing down people making network calls in a loop, refactoring unwieldy chunks of code, and consolidating redundant database schemas.
In my spare time, I like to:
- bake 🥧. I've been working my way through Cookie & Kate's dessert repertoire and it's been a really tasty adventure.
- take silly pictures 📸 of my husband Avery.
- stumble my way through yoga class 🧘🏻♀️.
Prior to moving to the Bay Area, I was front-end software engineer at Rent the Runway in New York City 🗽 working with the growth & customer acquisition team.
Sometimes (rarely), I write things on Medium.
Here's my (now very outdated) resume.
🎤 I've spoken at:
- Women Techmakers Montreal in Montreal, QC (March 2018)
- PHP World in Washington, D.C. (November 2017)
- WebExpo in Prague (September 2017)
📣 I'll be speaking at:
- Velocity Conf in New York City, NY (October 3rd 2018)
- The Lead Developer in Austin, TX (December 6th 2018)
On my bedside table
- The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir
- Plenty by Yotam Ottolenghi
- My trusty ResMed AirSense 10 since I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in January 😝.